Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wake The F#*K Up

That is the title of a advertising spot supporting President Obama that is going to be put out there by the Jewish Council For Education And Research, the same idiots that gave us Sarah Silverman's "free lesbian sex" campaign add where she dry humped a dog. Needless to say this is probably going to be tasteless and since Samuel L. Jackson is going to be in it, likely capitalize on his ability to drop F Bombs.

I'm actually somewhat torn on this, one the one hand I believe politics are important, and this presidential race even more so. Too important to devolve to the level of "entertainment". On the other hand... as much as I disagree with Jackson's politics (He was involved in the black power movement and found it empowering when they started buying guns) I am a huge fan of his work, he has a huge range as an actor from cool and collected, to coldly menacing, to bombastic and over the top. I hope his politics don't burden his career on one side, and on the other I really do wish he would Shut The F#*K Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment