Saturday, September 1, 2012

More Fitness Fun

Last time I did an article specifically on fitness I talked about the 8 count bodybuilder. This time I'm suggesting something a bit different and a bit more focused, the guillotine push-up. I'm not sure where the name came from, but this exercise is a pretty standard push-up variation performed with the hands on some form of elevated platform (traditionally medicine balls) and lowering the head, neck, and chest below the plane of the hands. This stretches and puts additional pressure on the muscles of the shoulder. I tend to do them with the added degree of difficulty of my feet being elevated, so that at the lowest point of the push up a greater percent of my weight is resisting the motion and forcing me to work harder, this also makes keeping proper form a bit trickier and unless you are in good shape can put a bit of stress on the core muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment