Saturday, September 15, 2012

Gaming Dorkness

So, have some things on order to make my first hard cider, and while I wait I've decided to wrap up a few games on my PC that I've left languishing during their second playthrough, and a new game. First on the menu is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, probably one of my favorite Star Wars games, despite some flaws like an overly responsive camera the game really is a work of art, even today. The problem is I stopped playing the second time through when dealing with the rather... unlovely "bringing down the star destroyer" boss fight. Anyone who has played it recognizes this fight not so much as difficult, but as an annoying grind of knocking out Tie fighters and  yanking on a capitol ship with the force. 

After that I'm going to give Clive Barker's Jericho a spin. I missed this title when it first came out and it has received some mixed reviews based on gameplay that was called outdated even when it came out, and a squad of teammates that failed to be engaging. Overall most reviews call it mediocre but acceptable and I picked it up for $2 so no big risk and honestly it has Clive Barker's name on it so... I want it regardless. The man is the undisputed american master of horror.

When I get through with those I'll be returning to Mass Effect 2. I love this beautifully crafted hybrid of cover shooter and rpg almost too much, and this will be my 3rd playthrough. The only reason I didn't finish it last time was I burned myself out resource mining due to a "research ALL the upgrades" fit that had me floating around the stellar map for waaaay too long. Now if only I could find my copy of Alpha Protocol...

No comments:

Post a Comment