Wednesday, September 12, 2012

9/11 And The Muslim World


I didn't comment on the anniversary of 9/11 yesterday, because my feelings about it are... intense. It's a big part of why I joined the military. I don't like hyperbole that makes the victims heroes, but I also get angry when that tragedy is dismissed or the heroic people that did act on that day are disrespected. I also find it amazing how thoroughly some people miss the point, including some people in this country that excuse Muslim extremism or say we deserved it. Well, they have more to try and excuse now as there is a news story up at CNN about armed "protestors" storming U.S. embassies in Libya and Egypt on 9/11 this year. I won't blame all muslims for this, but not decrying this thoughtless violence and antagonism is a blow against moderation in their culture, and hurts any movement towards cooperation and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment