Thursday, August 23, 2012

R.I.P. Phyllis

Comedy legend Phyllis Diller died early this week, at the age of 95. The news is still trending on Twitter as fans, fellow comics (most of whom consider themselves fans) and family celebrate the life and career of this utterly unique icon. In her memory I'm posting some of her great lines, she was a truly funny lady who never was shy about poking fun at herself.

"Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight."
"I once wore a peekaboo blouse. People would peek and then they'd boo."
"You know you're old when your walker has an airbag."
"I was the world's ugliest baby. When I was born, the doctor slapped everybody."
"I became a stand-up comedienne because I had a sit-down husband."
"My vanity table is a Black & Decker workbench."
"The only thing domestic about me is I was born in this country."
"They say housework can't kill you, but why take the chance?"
"Think of me as a sex symbol for men who just don't give a damn."
"The best contraceptive for old people is nudity."

No comments:

Post a Comment