Monday, August 13, 2012

Anti-Hunting Extremists Harass Olympian

Anti Hunting activists are on a harassment campaign against 26 year old Olympic trap shooter Corey Cogdell in social media. The body of vitriol aimed at the young woman is surprising, everything from people calling for her to lose to posters on the facebook page for “Corey Cogdell Please Stop Killing Animals For Sport”; which has over sixteen hundred members, calling her a murderer. It shouldn't surprise me, leftist activists tend to fit perfectly Le Bon's maxim that crowds, mobs really, aren't motivated by logic and quickly devolve to their basest forms....

See, I'm a hunter, I don't get to go hunting as much as I like, but I do go whenever the chance to arrives. I view it as a sacrament in a way, yes an animal dies so I can eat, but I don't fool myself in to thinking it is a clean process and I try to make it as quick and painless for the animal as possible as a form of thanks. By being mindful and thankful for my meal I have noticed over the years that I am less and less wasteful when it comes to food, especially compared to some of the doughy anti-hunting activists at my college when I was still a student. Like most hunters I view myself as a steward of the land and I am willing to bet miss Cogdell holds much the same opinion.

Beyond that is the matter of decency and respect. I get pretty irreverent from time to time in my writing when my aim is humor (or at least venting anger in an amusing fashion) but this is an athlete, one of the best in the world, it is pretty juvenile to sling insults and mockery at someone representing your nation at a global competition. It's worse when it is because you disagree on a matter of opinion. These hate filled little tantrum throwers really do need to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment