Monday, July 2, 2012

Why I'm Proud To Be An American

Most people are proud of their ancestries and I'll admit I am as well, I'm not going to go in to all the nationalities my family comes from, what I am most proud of is being an American. I'm proud of that because my ancestors risked so much, gambled so heavily by leaving their homeland, on the promise of what America was and is and what it would allow them to become. The shining city on the hill has treated those who seek out it's shores better than most countries, and I love the fact that it is a country made by those who always strove for more. People that did not ask what could be done for them but what they could do for themselves and for their families, and This July 4th I know what my mind will be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment