Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Nerd Fu

So, me and my friends have been dissatisfied with D20 Star Wars for a long time, there are some things it does well and some things it does horribly. I was talking with one of my friends, R., about using different rules sets for it and eventually we hit on the Omni System as something that could work fairly well. Since we don't own the Omni System book, just Talislanta, so working out conversions is a pain but so far there aren't any truly insurmountable issues. The Force works pretty well being represented in the same way the various modes of magic are and the mechanic is fairly clean. The big issue is converting gear, races and classes, none of it is difficult, but once you have the mechanics figured out the drudgery of applying them can be.... annoying. That is going to be the big problem, apparently I'm the number cruncher for this little side project.

No comments:

Post a Comment