Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm Going Out In Style

I have this whole fixation with death, most people would call it morbid. I call it motivating, when you are intimately aware of your own mortality it makes you more determined to live a life you can look back at at the end and go "You may bury me with an enemy in Mount Calvary You can stack me on a pyre and soak me down with whiskey Roast me to a blackened crisp and throw me in a pile I could really give a shit - I'm going out in style You can take my urn to Fenway spread my ashes all about Or you can bring me down to Wolly Beach And dump the sucker out Burn me to a rotten crisp and toast me for a while I could really give a shit - I'm going out in style." Because really, it is all about having people there at the end that love ya' and miss ya' and the only way to have that is to live. I know plenty of people with a bucket list, well, you never know when that bucket may get kicked and the worst is always a heartbeat away, make it one full of joy, experiencing something new. And Thanks to DKM for putting it so well in their song Going Out In Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment