Monday, July 2, 2012

Bronycon....Really?!

I'll be the first to admit I have odd fanboy moments, I still love Star Wars, comic books, and old school pencil and paper rpg's... but a convention solely for the male fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? Really? I admit I've watched a few shows to figure out why this has become A Thing online and I didn't get it, it's a cutesy show ostensibly for little girls that has decent writing and anime so parents don't want to blow their brains out. Apparently it is such a big Thing however that according to the Wiki for Bronycon it is held multiple times a year.

This really is the sort of thing that makes me think the whole damn world is circling the drain. I'm all for letting your freak flag fly but to be an adult man and be obsessed with a show for little girls just creeps me right the hell out for reasons that would cause me to keep my cousin (significant age gap, she has called me uncle when she wants to tease me about being"old") well away from any bronies found in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment