Thursday, June 21, 2012

Warning: Beer Snobbery Ahead

I'm a little bit of a snob when it comes to my beers, there are very few common domestics I like because to me Coors tastes like Budweiser tastes like miller tastes like Pabst tastes like piss. I'm not going to stop you from drinking any of that, after all it means more of the good stuff for me. My daily drinker is Guinness, either Draught or Extra Stout but every so often I branch out a bit and earlier this week I was at the Ormond Wine Company  and tried out the Arrogant Bastard Oaked, I'll admit I liked it, it had a full, hoppy flavor with a lot of subtle notes to it and a good, strong finish that left a bit of the taste in your mouth. My only complaint would be I think they went too far with the oak, it's a distinctive note and overall I liked it, but I couldn't help but feel a bit like I had been smoking a cigar with my beer and when I want that I tend to actually smoke a cigar with my beer. Over all it was a fine experiment and I chased it with some very nice ciders (I'm a fan of Woodchuck) to give me a good mellow feeling while I finished my paper, so I'm calling it a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment