Friday, June 29, 2012

Comic Relief After Courts Comically Bad Decision

I admit I'm still in a bit of shock after the horrible decision the SCOTUS made that the healthcare reform bill popularly known as Obamacare, specifically it's individual mandate, is constitutional so long as they call the penalty (which the president and congressional democrats assured us is not a tax) a tax. It pretty clearly expanded the definition of a tax as something that can be applied punitively to a non-action and is a shocking expansion of government power.

That said I needed some chuckles this morning so I stopped over at Hope n' Change Cartoons for a laugh and was not disappointed, Stilton is up to form although the bottom  comic for wednesday left a bad taste in my mouth, all the rest of them had me chuckling, perhaps a bit weary, but as his post says, resolved. Go take a look and have a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment